Today with have with us a new indie author Angela Mcpherson. Her book is now available on Amazon for $2.99! Angela Weclome!
1. How did you come up with the concept for this book?I wanted to write about something I hadn't read about. Like Trinity, I knew the generic story of Pandora's Box. I researched different sites and came up with my story line.
2.How did you come up with the names for the characters? I looked up Melia and Morpheus's name, wanting to keep some sort of Greek mythology intact. Melia is a nymph and the daughter of Oceanus, which is explained in the book. Morpheus was the God of dreams. Blain name came from one of my favorite movies, Pretty and Pink, but his last name, Heros, actually means hero. Trinity, her name was Alison in the beginning. I changed it to fit an explanation, but ended up taking that explanation out after editing. Crystal is the name of one of my best friends. Keri's name just popped into my head. I've always like the name Trevor, so I went with it.
3.How much are you and the characters alike?
I think I'm similar to all my characters, even Melia...so watch out. LOL
4.Do you read a lot and what are you reading now?
I try to read all the time. I'm reading Warrior by Joanne Wadsworth right now.
5. What made you decide to go Young adult?
I love YA! Everything from a first kiss to a first love, all of it is exciting and new, and I wanted to create all those firsts, too.
6. How did the cover come about?
Jen Wylie suggested having the cover resemble one of Trinity's dreams, and she is brilliant because it's awesome. We looked (Sean and Jen more than me) through tons of pictures until we found the perfect fit. As soon as the picture of the girl was found, Sean Hayden worked his magic and created the beautiful cover.
7. So what is your next project and when is it due out?
I'm just now working on the second book to Hope's Decree. My plan is to have everything completed by the end of this year.
8. Do you have a daytime job or are you a full time writer?
I'd love to be a full-time writer, but I work. In the daytime, I work as a pediatric nurse, along with taking care of my three turkeys (kids). I'm only able to write when I get home...actually when they are getting ready for bed.
9. How did you get into writing novels and were you worried about peoples reactions to your books?
Yes, I worry all the time I might disappoint a reader.
10. One last thing do you collect anything personally?
No, I don't collect anything but laundry from my kids, which seems to be never ending.
Places to find the Author:
Places to find the book: