January 22, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Dare you to (Pushing the limits 2) by Katie McGarry

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
                                                            My Teaser:
                                    Dare You To (Pushing the Limits #2)
"Its on a Saturday so I can drive myself" "A Saturday," Dad repeats. "Was Mrs. Rowe upset when you told her you couldn't make it? If so I'll talk to her. Theres no reason why she should hold this against you. Maybe one of her other students can take your place."
     He relaxes in his chair and folds his hands over his stomach. "I saw Scott Risk at your game yesterday. He didn't stay long because of family obligations, but he saw you pitch and he was real impressed. He mentioned a camp the Yankees may be doing this fall. I know what you're going to say-'Not the Yankees', but once you've proved yourself you can trade teams"
     My mind swirls. Scott Risk watched me play. Which is great and odd. Great because Scott knows people-Specifically scouts. Odd because I'd have bet Beth would crucify me to her uncle. Not important. or it is, but not now. I came here to discuss the writing competition. A competition dad never considered. "I think I should compete. I can play the Thursday game and let one of the other pitchers on the team play for me on Saturday."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)