March 5, 2013

Review: The 13th Sign by Kristin O'Donnell Tubb

Summary-
What if there was a 13th zodiac sign?
You’re no longer Sagittarius, but Ophiuchus, the healer, the 13th sign.
Your personality has changed. So has your mom’s and your best friend’s.
What about the rest of the world?
What if you were the one who accidentally unlocked the 13th sign, causing this world-altering change—and infuriating the other 12 signs? 
Jalen did it, and now she must use every ounce of her strength and cunning to send the signs back where they belong. Lives, including her own, depend on it.
 
Review-
 once hidden Zodiac, Ophiuchus. Just by unlocking a lock, Jalen changes from withdrawn and quiet to a fiery girl saying what ever comes to mind. Jalen, with the help of her suddenly calm and nervous friend Ellie and a once snobbish Brennan, must find away to change all the personalities of the world back to what they should be. All of the other Zodiac keepers are out to get her. Jalen has just 24 hours win challenges posed by the 12 Zodiacs and send Ophiuchus back to the stars before is life saving birthstone falls into the hands of those who would abuse it. It brings to life characters people look to daily for advice and puts them in realistic perspective. This is a book any teen who reads their horoscope would love!
 
Publisher-Feiwel & Friends
Reviewers Rating: 4.5 Stars
Reviewed by~Emma Richie (Student at Franklin High School)
Thank you to the Publisher for the donation of this book to the Read for your Future book program in exchange for a honest review!






 

7 comments:

  1. Ha. I haven't read a book like this one before, but it sounds like a great read nonetheless.
    Good review. I'll add to my wish list.
    DeAnna Schultz

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a pretty good book not exactly what I normally read but I would give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a definite read for me. As a YA I was fascinated by the Zodiac signs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This actually sounds like a great read! It's something different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this around. The cover really caught my attention. It does sound unique and intriguing. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhh this sounds awesome! I've never even heard of it before now. Glad I stumbled upon it! Thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This books sounds intriguing. I have not read a book with the zodiac signs yet. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Emma! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)