May 30, 2013

Review: The Shadow Girl by Jennifer Archer

Summary-
Sometimes I forget for an hour or two that she's with me. Sometimes I convince myself that she was only a dream. Or that I'm crazy.
For as long as Lily Winston can remember, she has never been alone. Iris, a shadowy figure who mimics Lily's movements and whispers in her ear, is with her always—but invisible to the rest of the world. Iris is Lily's secret.
But when Lily's father is killed in a tragic accident, his cryptic final words suggest that he and Lily's mother have been keeping secrets of their own. Suddenly, Iris begins pushing Lily more than ever, possessing her thoughts and urging her to put together the pieces of a strange puzzle her father left behind. As she searches for answers, Lily finds herself drawn to Ty Collier, a mysterious new boy in town. Together, Lily and Ty must untangle a web of deception to discover the truth about her family, Iris . . . and Lily's own identity.
 
Review-
 At first I had no idea what was going on. That's how the author hooks you and keeps you turning those pages. The storyline unfolds in a way that keeps you entertained & enthralled with all the mystery surrounding the main character. This is definitely not your average ghost story. That's not really a good description, but I hate to give all the good stuff away. The main character is a little different from the other teens. After awhile you find out why. It's a killer storyline! I had so many theories during the book. I must admit, I was wrong and glad to have been that way. I really enjoyed reading this very different storyline. I just can't say enough good things about this book. It is totally on a level all it's own. I recommend this book very much and to everyone. Hope you give it a chance. Happy Reading!!
 
Publisher-HarperTeen
Reviewer Rating: 4.5 Stars
Reviewed by~Mechele
Thank you to the publisher for the donation of this book to the Read for your future book program in exchange for a honest review!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)