May 23, 2013

Teaser Tuesday




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

                            
                   Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
  • Share the title and author so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 

 @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ 

I hand him back his ID and start to walk away. I feel his hand grab my wrist firmly, yet he also did it with an undeniable gentleness that's impossible to describe with words. It just felt...contradictory.

"You know, if you wanted to know my name, you could have just asked me, Liz. A pretty girl like you doesn't need to hide behind such transparent schemes."

And now, I'm mortified. Was I really that obvious?

Sounds great, right?! We've all done embarassing things so I felt for Liz at this section. And of course her mom is missing so it's very 
mysterious....

Pg. ? (Who knows! It's a Kindle, lol)  

1 comment:

  1. This is great! I can't begin to express the gratitude and honor I feel by being on here! I would just like to say that I am also a very strong advocate for literacy. I'm all for spreading love of the written word!

    Tomorrow and the day after, in honor of our brave veteran heroes, the ebook copy of the book will be completely free. Also, I have just emailed your librarian to see if she would be interested in me donating some books to your lovely high school.

    If there's anything else I can do personally to help, please let me know. What you guys are doing is truly inspirational! Keep up the good fight.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)