September 29, 2011

Review: Dark Parties by Sara Grant

Summary-
Sixteen-year-old Neva has been trapped since birth. She was born and raised under the Protectosphere, in an isolated nation ruled by fear, lies, and xenophobia. A shield "protects" them from the outside world, but also locks the citizens inside. But there's nothing left on the outside, ever since the world collapsed from violent warfare. Or so the government says...

Neva and her best friend Sanna believe the government is lying and stage a "dark party" to recruit members for their underground rebellion. But as Neva begins to uncover the truth, she realizes she must question everything she's ever known, including the people she loves the most.

Review-
Dark Parties is a fantastic book! I love Neva. I  think she is a strong lead character. Braydon had me flipping back and forth a lot. One minute I love him, the next I can't stand him. I was like that the whole book. I love all the characters. This book was a true page turner for me. I couldn't put it down. The super glue fairy came back and glued that dang book to my hand. I swear she does it for a good laugh. I had to cook and clean and take care of the kids with it glued there. Any-Hoo, I do highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a late nighter. I am praying a sequel is on the way....I totally want them together :)

Publisher-Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Our Rating: 5 STARS!
Reviewed by~Sarah
~Thanks to the author and Publisher for the donation of this book!~

1 comment:

  1. Haha I have book blued on hand syndrome sometimes too! This sounds like a great one though I haven't heard of it before.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)