September 22, 2011

Review: The End by Nora Olsen

Summary-
When World War Three breaks out, seventeen-year-old Julia is on a school trip to Amsterdam, while fourteen-year-old Marly is trapped in a prison for delinquent girls. They both discover magical amulets, and try their best to save themselves and those around them. But it looks like their best will not be enough, as nuclear war threatens the survival of the human race.

On her journey home to New York, Julia is joined by three other queer teens and the mysterious and alluring Ginger; lipstick lesbian Vikki; and five-thousand-year-old Skilly, who has an amulet that grants him eternal life. When Julia and Marly meet, they are immediately attracted to each other. But romance has to take a back seat as the five friends learn the true powers of the amulets. Can they travel through time to save the world from total destruction?

Review-
I thought that this book was going to be weirder than it was. As soon as I opened it and started reading I just couldn't stop. I brought it with me to every class and even recomended to one or two of my friends. I like how Julia, Skilly, Marly, Ginger and Vikki make it through thier tough times by working together even though they don't always get along. I'd like to thank our librarian for introducing me to this program and this may be my first review but i plan on doing more

Publisher-Torquere Press
My Score: 4 Stars
Reviewed by~Ethan Miller (Student at Franklin High School)

~Thank you to the author for donating this book~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)