September 1, 2011

Review: Waterfall (River of Time #1) by Lisa Tawn Bergren

Summary-
Lisa Tawn Bergren’s new YA series, River of Time, is romantic, historical fiction in which the plucky heroine doesn’t have to fear a vampire’s bite but must still fight for her life.

In Book One, American teenager Gabi Betarrini accidently finds herself in sixteenth-century Italy . . . Knights. Swords. Horses. Armor. And Italian hotties.
Most American teens want an Italian vacation, but the Bentarrini sisters have spent every summer of their lives there with their archeologist parents. Stuck on yet another hot, dusty dig, they are bored out of their minds… until they place their hands atop handprints in an ancient tomb and find themselves in the sixteenth-century—and in the middle of a fierce battle between knights bent on killing one another.

Review-
  If you like Knights in shinning armor, castles, time travel, and love stories, then you will love this one! I know I did. The story just whisked me away to a long ago time. The characters are courageous loveable young people. The settings are so vividly descriptive you feel like you can step right into them. I fell in love with the whole package. The book is action packed from the first page to the last. A real page turning memorable adventure. I cannot say enough good things to describe this wonderful tale. I very highly recommend this book. This is a series I will be adding to my own collection. 

Publisher-David C. Cook Publishing

My Score: 5 STARS!
Reviewed by~Mechele




1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them :)